Colorado Medicaid Transportation
Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) is transportation to and from covered non-emergency medical appointments or services, NEMT is only available when a Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) member has no other means of transportation.
- For a client to be eligible for NEMT Services they must:
- Be a current Colorado Medicaid client
- Be determined to not have access to other means of transportation including free transportation
- Require transportation to obtain a non-emergency Colorado Medicaid covered service.
- Not be within the following eligibility groups:
- Qualified Medicaid Beneficiary (QMB)
- Special Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Medicare Qualifying Individual-1 (QI-1)
- Old Age Pension- State Only (OAP-state only)
Note: CHP+ is not a Medicaid program and, therefore, is not an eligibility group.
Urgent Care Transportation
Urgent care transportation is permissible if…
A client is in need of transportation outside of normal physician office hours to a care facility but is not in an emergency event. This facility may include a Trauma Center if this is the nearest and most appropriate facility.